Tuesday 3 June 2014

Fence removed!

The fence has now been removed!

We are almost there!

Since the PCI we had a private building inspector also go through. He has found a few defects, but nothing really major. I have sent this off to the site supervisor for attention. The handover date was the 10th June but given the outstanding items,I am not sure we will make it. Given we have to get the bank to make the deposit 2 days prior and the Monday 9th is a public holiday.

Also this afternoon the valuer called as he needs to attend to the the final valuation for the bank, so he has been provided the builders contact details and will organise this.

4 comments:

  1. makes a massive difference without the fence! Did MJH charge you extra to mound the dirt at your front door? Im assuming we will need to do the same thing.
    I think we are going to have to push our move in to early July. just too much to get done, and that assuming that we have no issues getting our OC (being inspected on the 13th)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they didn't charge. But they continually told me we might have issues getting OC with the drop, so I kept telling them to just pile the dirt. Now we are almost there, the bank wants an OC, so they didnt have much choice than to do it.. I couldn't as they wont let me on the site until handover, but we cant handover until the bank pays, and they wont pay without an OC.. And so the circle would of continued. :) Given they had a bobcat on sit to fill another area as per plan and I had spare fill at the rear of the block, would not have taken them all that long.

    I am thinking ours might be pushed out a little also.. mainly based on the issues the inspector found.. Ill have a chat with our SS tomorrow and see how we are going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh, its all fun and games!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, looking fantastic Brad! I'd be interested to know what the inspector picked up. We noticed a few small things after handover that we missed. Not long until those keys I'll be in your hand :)

    ReplyDelete