Sunday 19 April 2015

Retaining wall progress 18 April 15

Since the last post, I have backfilled and almost completely core filled the wall from the steps to the existing wall at the right hand side. In the previous images, you will see a couple of blocks missing.. this is because they needed to be 'cut to size' at the ends. As luck would have it, there was a brickie working on a house 2 doors up the other day, so I wandered up there with a few blocks and a six pack in the barrow, and they were able to cut them to size for me! So I was able to finish that section of the wall.

Compleyted from the steps to the existing wall at the right

another view...

No-fines concrete backfill - My Plans called for 300mm but it went to 350.
A little extra cost, but stronger!

More no-fines concrete

No comments:

Post a Comment